Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Good News So Far!!!

So today was my post op doctors visit with Dr. Shaneyfelt. It appears that although I had some concerns (because I was lifting and being active WAY too soon) I have nothing to worry about. Everything healed properly and everything looks great! I am being sent to get blood drawn to test for blood clot disorders as well as the hubby and I are being tested for chromosomal abnormalities. I will also be getting what is called a water ultrasound to check my uterus out. They put a nice catheter in my uterus, fill it with water and check things out. Not looking forward to it - but if it rules out any issues, I'm happy to do it. My doctor kept reiterating that she thinks both miscarriages were a fluke. As she had said before, 60% of women go on to have a healthy baby after a second miscarriage. She believes that there is nothing wrong with me but it can't hurt to get tested for any issues. I may begin taking progesterone if I get pregnant again to help aide in the pregnancy. I'll be getting the blood drawn Thursday and ultrasound on the 19th so I will update what they find after those tests have been completed. I'm hoping that there is nothing wrong with Chris or myself and we can go on to have a normal pregnancy - but honestly, there is nothing we can do about it so no sense in worrying about it....easier said than done! Am I right?!

I know if we go on to have a healthy pregnancy we will cherish this child more so because of the struggle we had to go through to conceive, but I often think about those who struggle for YEARS to have children and do not succeed. I hope to one day have those people's strength.

No comments: